dell laptop camera not working windows 11 : Whether you want to join a video call/conference/meeting or want to stream videos on platforms, a webcam is a must-required hardware. However, imagine that you’re getting ready to start streaming or facetime, and then discover that your webcam isn’t functioning. Nobody would want to find themselves in this situation.
Whatever the case, whether it’s an internal or an external one, they may not function properly due to different causes like outdated drivers, BIOS, restricted access or hardware malfunctions. In addition, Dell users have been having this issue lately.
In this article we will look at the possible solutions to fix webcam problems for Dell PCs.
dell laptop camera not working windows 11
Certain applications could create technical errors and bugs in the handling of this camera. Verify this through opening your camera in any other app. If the camera is working well with other apps then reinstall the application that’s the cause of the issue. Try to look for solutions specific to the application on the internet.
However, if you’re not sure if it’s the fault of a specific app, then try the fixes provided below:
Also Read : How to Upgrade Laptop’s Storage
Check For Webcam Defects
Connect an external camera, should you be able to, and then check whether the webcam works or not. If the other camera is working on your computer then it could be the internal webcam’s hardware issue. Visit the nearest Dell service center for assistance.
Secure the connections cables and ports If it’s an existing external webcam. If you have a webcam that you don’t have, connect it to your computer to see if the issue lies with the camera or the computer. Try to connect your webcam that is not working to a different computer in order to determine if it is an issue with the hardware.
It is necessary to switch the webcam that you use for external use if the webcam does not work on any other computer.
Applications require the permission of users to access the camera. They might ask for permission while making use of the camera, however you might have blocked and muted the prompt for permission. In this case you’ll need to go to settings to grant cameras access whatever program you wish to access.
Follow the steps listed below to complete:
- Click on the Windows + I keys.
- Visit Security & Security from the left vertical menu.
- Scroll down to the permissions for your app and Click on the Camera.
- Turn the button on to enable camera access in the event that it’s not turned on already.
- Turn off the Apps that can use cameras option. .
- Then, under the expanded dropdown menu select the option to turn on access for any app you wish to access.
This is how to fix the issue of dell laptop camera not working windows 11 by giving permit access.
Updates to drivers are an automatic and continuous process that is performed by Windows. But, at times, Windows may not be able to automatically install the driver. If this happens you’re able to manually begin this process to update drivers through Device Management.
Follow the steps below to make the necessary changes to the driver for your webcam:
- Press the Windows + R keys then enter
devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- Increase your option Cameras option.
- Right-click the camera you want to use.
- Select Update driver.
- Choose the option to search automatically to find drivers.
Windows will install automatically the latest update for your camera. This is how to fix the issue of dell laptop camera not working windows 11 by updating drivers through Device Management.
Update the driver to resolve compatibility issues for the camera. If the driver itself is corrupt it won’t be able to help. It is necessary to reinstall your driver to get rid of the affected components.
Here’s the procedure:
- Press the Windows keys + X, then select the device manager.
- Right-click the camera driver and then select Uninstall device .
- Then click then on “Uninstall” and then click on the Remove button.
- Start the PC.
When you restart your computer, Windows will automatically install the drivers needed to run the camera device. If it doesn’t, you can manually start the procedure. Start Device Manager, and then click the Action tab and then Scan to look for hardware modifications.
It will take a while until Windows detects and installs the latest webcam driver. After that, verify whether it has solved the problem.
Dell offers its customers an application that is specifically created for problems that require assistance named Support Assist. It’s an automated application however, you are able to manually identify and fix camera problems also. The majority of Windows 10/11 Dell users will have it installed. In the event that you don’t then you are able to install it.
Install using the on-screen instructions Follow the instructions to troubleshoot your webcam:
- Click the Windows key and enter Support Assist.
- Start the app and navigate into the Troubleshooting tab.
- Expand the I’m trying to help me troubleshoot my computer, and then the I’d like to look into the hardware component that I want to check.
- Select camera under your cameras.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the procedure.
Turn off Antivirus temporarily
Many antivirus programs can mistake legitimate apps for dangerous ones, and could block apps access to any computers. So, try to remove the antivirus software from a third party and see if this can resolve the problem.
The steps to disable various software can differ. You can therefore look up the steps for your particular brand of Antivirus on the internet.
Make sure the camera is in BIOS
The hardware that is connected to the computer must be in constant contact with the motherboard. In the simplest sense, BIOS works as that communication channel. BIOS also has the power to grant or block the camera’s connection to the OS. If the camera has been disabled in BIOS, it will not be accessed at the level of software.
Then, follow the steps below to make sure your camera’s activated via BIOS
- Hold the power button, then hit the F2 or F12key continuously.
- Double-click to configure your system.
- Select Miscellaneous Devices.
- Make sure to check the box marked camera to be enabled and then select Apply and exit.
A BIOS that is outdated can create problems for the different peripheral devices connected to a computer, for example webcams. Therefore, we’ll keep making changes to the BIOS of your motherboard within this area.
Let’s upgrade the BIOS using the Dell Support Assist. Launch the app, and follow the steps as follows:
- Hit the Start Now button.
- On within the Home tab go to Downloads and drivers.
- Click on Run button to see if it’s not scanning automatically.
- Click The button to update button.
- It will show all available updates available.
- Select the red button button.
- Follow the screen-based instructions to finish the procedure.
You might have to disable Bit locker prior to the update.
It is also possible to update your bios from Dell’s website. In order to do this, first you must find your Model number for your computer. After that, visit Dell’s web site then type in your model number in the search bar, then press the Search button.
- Visit the Drivers and Downloadstab.
- In your Locate drivers section, then select Systems BIOS from Download Type .
- Select BIOSfrom the category dropdown.
- Click to the Download Click if an update has been displayed.
- Find it in the
.exefile and start it.
- Follow the on-screen directions to update your BIOS.
After this, restart your computer and test whether the issue has been solved or not.