Dell Wireless Keyboard Not Working : Wireless keyboards allow you to overcome the limitations of wired keyboards in terms of flexibility. Wireless keyboards don’t require you to manage wires or be near your computer in order to use their functionality.
Dell Wireless Keyboard Not Working?
Wireless keyboards can be convenient, but they are susceptible to connectivity issues and other problems. The best solution to a wireless keyboard problem with Dell is to troubleshoot connection and driver problems.
We’ve provided the steps and additional information in this article.
How do I fix Dell’s wireless keyboard?
If keys have been remapped, keyboards might not function as expected. If your keyboard doesn’t respond, make sure that your computer is connected to the keyboard. It’s wireless, so make sure the USB transceiver module has been properly connected. You can also check for defective ports by connecting another USB device.
If your wireless Bluetooth keyboard is Bluetooth enabled, ensure that Bluetooth communication with the laptop is working properly. It is also important to verify the battery status for your keyboard .
These are just a few of the many solutions you have to solve the problem with your wireless keyboard.
Also Read : dell laptop camera not working windows 11
The process of completely draining the electrical charges from your computer’s capacitor is called power cycling. This will allow Motherboard and devices to return to their default settings. The power cycle will also benefit from halting the OS’s temporary spin lock loops.
Detach all peripheral devices from the motherboard, including the wireless USB transceiver for the keyboard. Next, turn off the power source and close your computer. If it is a laptop, remove the battery. For 15-20 seconds, hold down the power button.
Then you can connect your computer to the power supply. The battery is also important. Turn it on, and you can use the wireless keyboard.
Windows, the operating program, manages all aspects of the Computer’s operation. You can also access various diagnostic tools to help you troubleshoot problems. From Control Panel, you can access Windows Hardware or Sound Troubleshooter For Keyboard. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows Search icon.
- Use the virtual touch keyboard to type the Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Select Small Icons From View by
- Go to Troubleshooting.
- Click on Hardware & Sound.
- Select Keyboard then Next in the dialog box.
- If an error is found, follow the prompts on screen.
Update keyboard driver
Keyboard malfunctions can be caused by outdated drivers. Windows will generally detect and automatically install driver updates. Sometimes, however, it may be necessary to manually initiate the process.
Follow these steps to Update the keyboard driver, and Fix the Issue:
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Use the touch keyboard to type Device Manager in the search field.
- Double-click it to open Device Manager
- Expand the Dropdown.
- Right-click on Dell’s keyboard and select Update driver.
- Click on Search to automatically find drivers.
Windows will detect and then install the keyboard driver update.
Notification: If you have connected Bluetooth/wifi keys to your laptop, you may need to update the Bluetooth or wifi drivers.
The driver files may be corrupted if the update fails to work. Try reinstalling the driver to see if the problem disappears.
To reinstall your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:
- Open Device Manager as described above and expand keyboards.
- Right-click on Dell’s keyboard and select Remove device.
- Click the Uninstallbutton, and wait until the driver vanishes.
- Next, right-click the Keyboards and choose Scan to make hardware changes.
The driver should be installed automatically. If it fails, restart your computer and repeat the steps.
SupportAssist can help you fix it
SupportAssist is also available from Dell. It’s a Dell-developed application that can be used to troubleshoot problems. The SupportAssist app is pre-installed on most Dell computers. If yours doesn’t have it, download it then follow the on-screen instructions. It can be installed in a convenient location or made a desktop icon by selecting a box during installation.
Follow these steps to fix keyboard problems.
- Double-click the.exe or desktop icon to open it.
- Navigate to the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click on To troubleshoot your PC.
- Expand the dropdown to check a particular piece of hardware.
- Select Keyboard within Other Devices.
- Give it a while, then tap each key to open the dialog box.
- If the keys don’t respond as you would like, click on Failed and then follow the steps to troubleshoot.
How do you know if it’s physical damage?
Hardware defects could be the reason your Dell wireless keyboard stops working after you have tried every fix. Keyboard problems include broken PCBs, disconnected wireless modules, and interconnected circuitry.
Check that your wireless board works with any other PC. It could be a problem with the keyboard’s hardware. For assistance, you can visit your nearest Dell service center.