Discord screen share not working : With Discord it is possible to connect your screen to whomever you wish. Sometimes, you may encounter the ‘discord screen share not working’ problems and be left with blank screens.
The problem is prevalently seen on Windows. It can also happen with other gadgets. The issue is caused by corruption of cache data. Also, an old version of the Discord application could also be the cause of this problem of discord screen share not working until it is updated.
In this post we’ll help you know the reason why the issue exists , and then provide the solutions to rid yourself of the issue of discord screen share not working from your device.
Discord screen share not working :
What is the reason for Discord screen share not working?
Here’s the list of probable causes for Discord screen share not working :
- The program you’d like to share is available fully-screen.
- It is important to note that the Reduce Motion feature in Discord is disabled in Discord.
- Files that are corrupted in temporary format.
- Interruption on discord. Discord server.
- The graphics card is outdated on the computer.
- The Discord application isn’t current.
Also Read : dell laptop camera not working windows 11
How do I Fix the Discord screen share not working?
The first steps to think about when the Discord screen share not working is turning off Full-screen mode for the application. The games running in windows will allow you to share your screen. It is possible to reboot your computer and test the feature once more. Also, test closing other background programs and then running Discord.
If the issue persists it is possible to try other solutions that are listed below:
Create Activity on Discord
If you find that you find that the Discord screen sharing isn’t working, it’s because you’re not including the game or program you wish to share on your Discord Account. You can then include it in the activities of the Discord account and then check it again. To do so,
- Open Discord.
- Click here to open the Gear icon beside your username in the middle section Direct Messages section.
- It will bring up and display the user settings menu.
- Click down until you reach in the section for Activity Settings. Scroll down to the section.
- Next, choose the Next, select the Registered Games option.
- “Click on the “Add it!” option.
- Click the drop-down menu then select the application you’re trying to share screen with.
- Press then the button to add game. button.
- Then, click on after that, click the icon for the Monitor icon to switch on Overlay. overlay option.
Notification: The program you want to add to the activity section should be running in order to appear on the page.
Select the ‘Enable Reducing Motion’ Option.
With reduced motion, Discord manages all app’s animations as well as transitions. It allows you to control the speed of animations and allows the app to appear smooth. If this feature is turned off, it may interfere with the screen sharing process. If this happens you could try turning on the feature to resolve the problem.
- Navigate into your user settings menu.
- After that, select to enable accessibility under in the Accessibility section.
- Find the Reduced Motion segment, and then turn off the Reducing Motion is a feature that can be enabled. option.
Switch off the “Use our most recent technology”
The issue can also arise when you enable use the “Use our most recent technology’ feature be enabled in Discord. This feature could be an obstacle to the screen sharing feature. This is why you might need to turn off the feature in order to resolve the issue of screen sharing.
- Go to your Users Settings in Discord.
- Look for your Voice & video option in the the App Settings.
- Go through your Screen sharing section, and turn off the switch in front of ‘ User our latest technology to record your display.‘
- Once you have done this, you are able to restart the app and access screen sharing.
Switch off the “Hardware Acceleration”
Discord’s ‘ Hardware Acceleration feature that is available in Discord makes use of the graphics card on your computer to manage the work load and balance multiple tasks. However, this function could be the issue, especially in earlier PC versions, blocking screen sharing. Therefore, disable the “Hardware Acceleration option and then check whether the issue has been resolved.
- Visit Settings for Users. Users Settings.
- Select “Advanced” under the App Settings segment.
- After that, disable your Hardware Acceleration option.
- The new windows will open Choose Okay to confirm.
Verify that you can connect to Discord but it is down
If you notice that the Discord servers are experiencing problems with maintenance, the screen sharing feature might not be functioning. Therefore, you should check on the Discord Status website to determine whether there are any issues with operation or not. If you encounter any issue that is related to Discord itself, you can give time to developers to fix the problem.
Open Discord with admin access
The solution is to grant administrators access to the app can be a viable solution. It is possible to use Discord with admin access following the steps in the following:
- Make sure you close the app prior to the time you start Discord with access to the admin.
- After that, press the Windows Logo and the S keys using your keyboard. It will activate search. Bar for Search.
- Simply type Discord and you will be able to see the application.
- Then, right-click it and select As administrator, you can run the program.
- A pop-up asking for confirmation will be displayed You must select “Yes”.
Eliminate from the Roaming Data Folder
It is possible that you could have a problem due to Discord’s temporary files from Discord might be damaged. The best solution is to eliminate this roaming file which could help solve the problem.
- First, you must shut down firstly, you must close the Discord application. Open Task Manager. Choose Discord > click to close the task.
- Then next, use your keys’ Windows and the R buttons to display to the Run prompt.
the appdata%and then press “OK”.
- It will launch the file explorer by using Roaming folder.
- You must click the Discord folder with the right mouse button and select the option to delete it option.
- Then, you’ll be able to restart the app and look for the screen share feature.
Upgrade the graphics card on your PC.
The possibility of the root of the problem is connected to old Display adapters. With the most current graphics card it will be able to establish an effective connection between your hardware on your computer and the operating system.
In order to do that it is necessary to upgrade to the display adapters.
- Start Run command.
devmgmt.mscand hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- It will start the Device Manager.
- Select > to open the Display adapters option.
- Double-click on the Graphics card’s name to start Properties window.
- Select then the tab Driver tab.
- Then step, select to update your driver.
- Select the Automatically search for drivers option.
- The system will search for any updates available and will download the necessary drivers.
- Start a fresh boot on the PC.
If Discord is old the system could be experiencing an issue with its technology. It is likely that bugs could arise. These issues could eventually affect the operation of the app and you could face the issue of sharing your screen. It is necessary to upgrade the Discord app for your smartphone in this situation.
If you’re on the app, hit on the command+R keys on your keyboard. The screen will be empty for a few seconds before the app will launch with the most recent updates.
You can upgrade Discord on your PC by clicking on the update application within the discord files. To do so,
- When you click the Run command enter
"%appdata%"and press Enter. keypad’s Enterkey.
- In in the appData window, select from the AppData window, select from the AppData window, select the Local folder.
- Then, choose Discord from Discord folder.
- After that, double-click to open the Update.exe file.
- Open the App Store on your smartphone and then tap Updates in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Then, select to update next to connect to the Discord application.
- Launch the Play Store.
- Choose your “Profile” icon. It is located on the upper-right edge of your phone’s display.
- Then, tap Manage apps and devices and select an updates accessible option.
- Then, click Next, click Update beside the Discord application.
Remove the app and install It Once More
If the issue persists regardless of every solution, simply deleting the application and then reinstalling it could be the ultimate solution to resolve the problem. It will help eliminate app of bugs and malfunctions and provide the app with a the chance to get it back on track. This is how you can remove and install Discord again to your smartphone:
- First, stop using the Discord application with the help of your keys of the keyboard’s command+ Q keys together.
- Launch the Finder.
- Click Apps from on the right pane.
- Choose the Discord application file and then use the Command + Option+ delete keys to activate the keyboard.
- An additional message should be displayed on the screen, asking confirmation.
- Then, click to delete.
- Then, visit the official website of Discord to download their application.
- Then, open the windows settings menu through pressing the Windows Logo as well as it’s I button on your keyboard.
- Select apps.
- Select the Discord app and click uninstall.
- It is necessary the click to uninstall.
- Then, visit the official Discord website and download the most current version of the app.
- Press and hold to open the Discord application.
- Select Remove the App.
- Tap the option to delete the app option.
- When you receive the confirmation message After receiving the confirmation message, when you receive the confirmation message, to delete.
- Then, go over to Discord on App Store and install Discord once more.
- Go to Settings and select the Apps.
- Choose to view all apps.
- Navigate to the Discord application and then select it.
- Next, click to uninstall.
- If you see a new dialog box, you’ll be required to tap “OK” when you see the new dialog box..
- Then, go to then the Play Store and download the Discord application.