How to connect Epson printer to WiFi: Modern printers like Epson enable printing with ease due to their ability printing wirelessly. However, due to the vast selection of these printers it can be a challenge to figure out the best way to connect your specific Epson model to Wi-Fi.
We’ve collected several methods to connect the Epson Printer to WiFi.
EPSON(r) printers can be shared with printers which allows printing on any device connected to an internet connection. This article will provide directions on connecting the EPSON(r) printer with a network via the control panel of your printer.
Before proceeding before you begin, take note of the router’s wireless settings. These settings will enable your printer to sync with your router and establish an internet connection between both. To find out how to test the wireless settings on your Linksys router go below.
This is the setting you’ll need to:
- WLAN Network Name (SSID)
- Security type wireless
- The password of the wireless network. It is also called the key to security of the network (or the passphrase.
Linking up the EPSON(r) printing device to the internet
- Within the Home menu, click Setup..
- Choose the Network Setting.
- Within the Network Settings menu, choose Wireless Setup. Setup and select “OK.”.
- You will receive a message that states Network configurations will get altered. Network could be shut off. Continue?, choose Yes, then press OK.
- On the Wireless Configuration menu, click Enable and click “OK.”.
- Choose Search for SSID and then select the name of your wireless router.
- Within the Security menu choose the security option for your router. Enter the security password when you are asked.
Note: WPA keys are case-sensitive (abc differs than ABC). WEP keys are the hexadecimal (0-9 and A-F) characters that do not have a case sensitive.
- Click “OK.”.
Quick Tips: The Wi-Fi indicator icon located in the upper right part of the panel’s control will turn red depending on whether you are connected successfully with the network. To confirm your printer’s network setup, choose the option to confirm network settings in the Network Settings menu. If you require changing an option, choose the back button until you get to the setting that requires modification. After you’ve verified that the settings of your printer are correct, select “OK” to save the settings.
how to connect Epson printer to WiFi?
Contrary to Wi-Fi direct the connection of your printer’s WiFi network connects directly to internet. You’ll then be able to utilize Epson’s mobile application as well as the desktop version to connect to your printer from anywhere.
Epson has a range of printers available for customers. Based on their Wi-Fi connection These printers can be classified into two groups.
- Printers with display panels
- Printers that do not have the display panel
The ways to connect to these printers are described below.
Printers With Display Panels
There are two Epson Printers with displays. Some of these printers are not equipped with touchscreen capabilities. For these printers, you can utilize buttons to navigate to modify the settings.
Other Epson printers also have an LCD display with touchscreen feature. It is possible to use the screen to set up your WiFi connection. It is necessary to connect to Wi-Fi with the Wi-Fi password for both printers.
By using the Navigation Buttons
The Epson L550, L5190, L555 and other models, don’t have touchscreen functions. Therefore, you will need the display panel, as well as the various buttons available to move around to the settings.
If your printer comes with similar model to the one you have then follow the instructions below to connect them to Wi-Fi. You can utilize the OK and arrow buttons to navigate through various features.
- Turn on the printer.
- Click on Settings
- Go to Network Settings , Wi-Fi settings and Wi-Fi (Recommended).
- Click OK to continue.
- Next, choose Wi-Fi Setup Wizard Wizard .
- The printer will scan all networks available. Select your network, then select OK. Hit the Scan again button if you are unable to locate your Wi-Fi network’s SSID.
- After that, type in the password by using the OK and arrow buttons.
When you hit enter after which your printer will connect to the Wi-Fi network in just about a minute. You can monitor the status of the connection by clicking the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner on the panel display.
Making use of the Touchscreen Function
Epson’s EcoTank L14150,L15180 ET-5170, as well as other similar models feature the touchscreen function. But, they do include button on their printers. However, you can connect to Wi-Fi only the panel for display.
If your printer is similar model to the one you have then follow the steps below to connect it to Wi-Fi.
- Click the power button.
- Simply click on the WI-FI icon located on the at the top of the screen.
- You’ll find Wi-Fi and WiFi direct choices. Choose Wi-Fi Direct. Wi-Fi (recommended ) option.
- Then, click to start setting up > Start Settingup. Setup Wizard
- Select and search for your Wi-Fi connection.
- Click Start Setup and enter your Password.
- Then, press Okay and Start Setup .
Printers Without Display Panel
Epson’s Eco Tank models L3216, The L3150, the The L1256 and similar models do not have the option of displaying a panel. Therefore unlike the printers we previously mentioned they are unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network using an access point for Wi-Fi.
It is necessary to utilize this Auto Wireless connect mode for the models that are similar to Epson printers. If you own the same printer model, then follow the instructions below.
Utilizing using the Auto Wireless Connect Mode
For printers with Wi-Fi, entering passwords isn’t possible. To connect the printer needs to send a connection-related request. Therefore, we make use of our WPS button to connect to Wi-Fi via automatic connection mode.
To do this you must follow the steps below:
- Click the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the lights blink alternately.
- Hold and press your WPS button on the Wi-Fi router for longer than 15 seconds.
- Wait till the connection has been established.
Step 1 initiates the connection request at the printer’s side. Its indicator lights will cease flashing at the time that the connection request is in its conclusion following step 3.
The Wi-Fi indicator turns on and stays lit when the printer connects to Wi-Fi. In the same moment the Wi-Fi direct will turn off.
How can I alter my WiFi Network in Epson Printers?
It is necessary to restart the networks settings in case wish to alter your printing device’s WiFi network. If you’re making use of this printer in the beginning, skip the steps listed below:
If your printer does not have an LCD take these steps:
- Switch off the printer and turn it on.
- Use both the button for power and the network status buttons until the lights flash alternately.
The printer will then reset Wi-Fi settings. Give it a minute to allow it to be reset. If the alternating indicator stops flashing it is reset. After that, follow the steps in the previous paragraph to connect the printer to Wi-Fi..
If you have a printer with an LCD you can follow these steps:
- Go onto WiFi (recommended) and click it.
- Click Change Settings > Other > Disable Wi Fi > Start Setup
This technique works with most Epson Printers. However, certain printers may not contain the exact location for the button to disable Wi-Fi. If this is the case, go to your Wi-Fi configuration wizard, and look for the button that says Disable. Follow the steps previously mentioned for connecting to a network of your choice.