How to Remove a Bookmark on Mac: While browsing the internet is normal to bookmark several websites to make it easier for us.
How to Remove a Bookmark on Mac
It is important to get rid of bookmarks we no longer need every now and then. How do you precisely delete your bookmark? Here are the steps you can take to remove bookmarks from your MacBook in different browsers.
Delete Bookmarks in Safari
Here’s how to delete your bookmarks from Safari. Also click here for more details.
- Start Safari by pressing its icon.
- Click on the Sidebar at the The far left corner of the screen. The sidebar gives you an easy access to the things that you most frequently use.
- The Sidebar offers access to three options: Sharing by you with others, bookmarks, and a reading lists.
- Make sure you select the Bookmarks. This will show you a listing of all bookmarks you’ve saved previously.
- Select the bookmark you wish to remove by Control clicking on it.
- Click on Delete . Now, you’ve successfully erased the bookmark.
Alternative Way to Delete Bookmarks in Safari
- Start Safari onto your Mac book.
- You’ll be able to see an array of shortcuts to bookmarks beneath the Favorites section on your screen.
- Control Click on the bookmark you’d like to get rid of.
- Click on Delete .
Delete Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox
Here’s how to delete bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox:
- Start Firefox Browser by clicking its icon.
- Go to the Application Menu located in the upper right in the window of your browser.
- Click on the Bookmarks Option after the slide has appeared.
- Click the bookmark you’d like to erase.
- Control click on the desired bookmark.
- Select the Delete option. You’ve successfully deleted the bookmark you don’t want. You can remove as many bookmarks as would like to.
Delete Bookmarks in Google Chrome
Here’s how you can remove bookmarks from Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the triple dotted line option on the leftmost right in the top menu.
- Choose the Bookmarks optiononce the slide is displayed.
- Click on the Bookmark Manager .
- Control click the bookmark you’d like to delete.
- Click on Delete.
- If you want to delete several bookmarks at one time in Chrome then press the the Command the keywhile choosing the pages that should be deleted. Follow the steps to Control click and then select the option to delete.
How to View Bookmarks Using Shortcut Keys on Mac?
It is also possible to hit a few keystrokes at the keyboard in order to open Bookmarks quickly. Below are some keys for accessing bookmarks in various browsers within your Macbook.
|Safari||Ctrl+ Command+ 1|
|Mozilla Firefox||Ctrl+ Shift+ B|
|Google Chrome||Command+ Shift+ B|
|Microsoft Edge||Ctrl+ Shift+ O|
How to Organize Bookmarks in Your Mac book?
If you’re overwhelmed with a lot of bookmarks, you could group them into folders to make them more easily accessible. The organization of your bookmarks helps you avoid the hassle of locating them from the numerous. You can organize those bookmarks into Work Bookmarks, Leisure Bookmarks, Inspirations , and much more with just a few steps.
- Go to Safari and click in the Sidebaricon and then click Bookmark when the slide is displayed.
- In the section called Favorites, control clickon the space available and then select A New folder. You can also select to control click right beneath any bookmark you have saved.
- After renaming the folder using your own personal title it is possible to drag your old bookmarks into it. Drag a bookmark to drop it into the new folder.
- Now you can place your bookmarks in distinct folders.
How Much Space Do Bookmarks Take Up?
Bookmarks don’t take up much space on your Macbook. They typically save only the URL of the website, they don’t save the content inside. Since the browser may slow down for a while but it’s not a big deal to bookmark as many sites as you can. Bookmarks, by themselves, will use up space on the Macbook in order to store the web address.
When your URL has 35 characters, it’ll need 35 bytes in storage. If it’s 80 characters long it will consume 80 bytes of the MacBook storage.
Certain bookmarks may let you store additional information such as keywords, titles, descriptions or even images. This isn’t a huge space-hogger also.
Does the Page Remain the Same Once I Have Bookmarked It and Revisit It Again?
Bookmarks only save the address of the webpage and not the content of the page, this is not feasible. The information on the page could alter when you visit it again.
How Many Bookmarks Can I Keep?
There’s no limit to bookmarking a page. If you’d like keep a list of thousands of websites and more.
What Can I Do When I Forget to Bookmark the Desired Webpage?
It is easy to go to your browser History and refresh the page so that you can bookmark it right away.