USB Headset Not Working: Headsets with USB connectors are very convenient to use on computers. You don’t need to separate the port or connector for the microphone or speaker. Also, the audio is better when using the USB headset.
There are however situations in which the USB headset is not working at all. This is usually because of issues related to the USB port or driver installed on your system. A wrong audio configuration can be susceptible to causing the problem.
Reasons to USB Headset Not Working
Below are possible causes for USB headsets not functioning for your computer:
- Device damaged as well as USB port.
- Improper default sound device setting.
- The microphone is not allowed to be used.
- Headset Driver problems.
- USB selective suspend option that stops the port after inserting your headset’s USB connector.
How do I fix USB Headsets That isn’t Working?
Before proceeding to the suggestions below Try waiting a little time, particularly with USB-C headsets. A lot of Mac book Pro users have discovered that they must wait for about 2-4 minutes before the headset is able to function.
If the headset does not begin functioning automatically after a certain period of time, then you should look at the solutions listed below. To resolve various PC issues We recommend the Restoro Computer Repair Tool
This software can fix common computer issues, protect your files from loss and hardware malfunction, as well as malware while optimizing your computer to ensure optimal performance. Resolve PC issues and get rid of viruses in three simple steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that is backed by Patented Technologies.
- Select to start a scan to discover Windows issues that may be causing PC issues.
- Select Repair All to address issues that are affecting the security of your computer and its performance
A lot of people use USB headsets, however there are some who have problems in using issues with their USB headsets. When your device is making you nervous, today , we’ll explain how to fix the issue in Windows 10.
Some users are experiencing distorted audio from their USB headsets. Replacing with a USB headset with exactly the identical model does not fix the problem. If the issue isn’t with the USB headset, what can you do to correct this issue?
Also Read : How can I Turn Off voice on PS5?
Make sure you check the ports and devices.
The first thing you need to do when your USB headsets don’t function in a proper manner is to examine your device and USB ports. It is possible to conduct the following initial checks to identify which component is malfunctioning:
- Certain headsets have some headsets with a USB connector for LED lighting, and also different audio ports. If you own one of these devices then try connecting the audio connector into the port, and see whether it is working.
- Make sure the headset is not turned off or has zero volume. Certain headsets have an individual physical control to adjust the volume. Therefore, make sure to check the volume control as well.
- Try alternative USB ports for connecting to the headset. The USB ports that are directly coupled to the motherboard will receive more power, so it’s best to test the other ports.
- Connect the headset directly to the computer and do not connect it to a dock or hub.
- Disconnect the headphone via it’s USB port and then restart your computer. You could also power cycle the PC to remove the battery from USB ports.
- The headset can be connected to a different PC, without connecting any peripherals.
If you’ve determined there’s something wrong in the headset, go to a professional in the field and ask them to fix it. If they aren’t able to repair it, you must purchase the new model. It is also possible to replace the USB port in case it’s not functioning in a proper manner.
If you don’t think these are the root of your issue then you must proceed to the next solution to fix software problems within your system.
Windows has specially designed troubleshooters to scan and resolve minor problems in the system components. This Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter is a similar tool for your peripherals, which contains USB ports and other devices.
You should test this feature when your headsets fail to function. Here’s how to achieve this:
- Start Run with Win + R.
Msdt -ID DeviceDiagnosticto start the troubleshooter.
- Choose the Next option then follow the on-screen instructions.
It is also possible to run the audio troubleshooters to identify possible issues that involve the audio, not the USB. To do so,
- Open Run and enter
- Select Other troubleshooting methods or Other troubleshooting options.
- Choose Run next to play audio or choose the option Playing Audioand Click to run This troubleshooting tool.
Also Read : 6 Methods to Fix Acer Monitor’s Signal Problem?
Check Sound Privacy Settings
If your headset’s microphone isn’t working You should examine the privacy Settings and ensure that applications have access to the device. This is how you can check:
- Open Run.
ms-settings:privacy-microphoneto open the Microphone Privacy Settings.
- Check that the switches that are next to the Microphone access as as well as the required applications are turned on.
Check Sound Settings
Your computer has some settings which define the current output and input of the sound device. In the event that your USB headset isn’t selected as the default or current audio device, it won’t perform. To determine and modify this setting,
- Open Run, then type
the ms-settings:soundto start your Sound Settings.
- Select the location where you want you want to play the sound to increase it.
- Be sure to look for the radio button beside the USB headset, and not on other devices.
- If the headset’s microphone isn’t functioning, you can go to Inputand select the device. Also, ensure that the volume isn’t too in the low range or is disabled.
- Scroll down, and click on Volume Mixer to ensure that applications have the proper quantity.
Disable Exclusive Control via Apps
Another option is to disable the feature that lets apps have control over the headset. It’s possible that some software that’s not playing audio is controlling the headset and is prevents it from producing sound.
Here’s how you can deactivate the option:
- Open Run and type
mmsys.cplto open the Sound Properties.
- Then, on the Playback tab Double-click the headset’s speakers, then switch into the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck Allow applications to be the sole control over this device and click OK .
- Visit The recording tab and follow the exact steps for the headset’s microphone.
Disable Conflicting devices
Certain incompatible audio or sound drivers might conflict with headset drivers, causing it to fail. Try turning off the unnecessary audio devices to resolve the problem. A lot of users have solved this issue by deactivating this driver. Intel Smart Sound Technology to USB Audio driver.
To remove the device that is conflicting:
- Start your Device Manager.
- Expand Video, sound Game controllers, and Expand Sound.
- Right-click on the device , and choose to disable the device..
- Check by saying “Yes”.
Restart your PC and test whether the headset is working.
Upgrade or Reinstall Drivers
Drivers that are outdated or incompatible are among the primary causes of this problem particularly if your device is older and you’re running a new version of your system. It is essential to upgrade the driver to the most current version to address the issues. To do so,
- Open the Run and then enter
devmgmt.mscOpen the Device Manager.
- Expand Audio outputs and inputs.
- Click on your headset’s right-click and choose update driver> Find drivers automatically.
- You can do this for both Speakers and Microphones.
- Now, you can add audio Game, Video and Sound controllers and upgrade the driver for the headset.
- Then then, extend Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Updating the driver for every USB controllers.
If you have the most current audio drivers for your headset, it is necessary to update them. To do so,
- Start Device Manager. Device Manager.
- Expand Audio outputs and inputs.
- Click on your headset’s right-click, and choose the option to uninstall itand then Remove.
- Make sure to do this for both the Microphone as well as Speakers.
- Follow the same steps for the headset device within Video, sound and game controllers..
- Download the most up-to-date driver from their official site to install the drivers.
In the event that other USB devices have similar problems, try installing your USB driver for the controller, specifically for hubs.
Also Read : How to Activate Globe Sim Card (2022)
Turn off the USB Selective Suspend
Your system offers the ability to choose to suspend the USB port when it’s in an idle state. Sometimes, however, the USB does not wake up after placing into an audio USB device because the device isn’t able to send the signal for wake-up directly to USB. USB itself.
It is possible to disable USB selective suspend in order to avoid these issues. To do so,
- Open Run and type in
powercfg.cplto open the power options.
- Select Change plan settings for the power plan you have selected.
- Hit to change advanced settings for power.
- Expand the USB options to USB select suspension setting.
- Change the settings inside to disable.
- After that, you can open Device Manager. device Manager.
- Extend the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Double-click a Hub driver to display its properties.
- Go to the power Management tab and remove the checkboxes.
- Select “OK”.